Monday, November 12, 2012

This is not a complaint.


He just got back from Sydney.
Two days later, he was deputed to Thailand.
He flew back and left for Singapore two days later.
After spending five days here, he is off to Thailand. Again.
Two days after coming back, he is scheduled to leave for South Korea. For two weeks.

The long distance just got longer.

While others may envy his frequent abroad trips, I secretly wish that he will be spending more time at home. Well, it isn't really a secret because I know he knows that I want him to know that this is my wish. No, don't take me wrong. I am not complaining. I am happy for him. He gets to do things that he loves the most, something that I doubt I will get a chance to do, even in years to come. He gets to live his dream, and nothing will make me happier than that.

I knew what I was getting myself into, way before committing myself to him. According to the maps app on my phone, we live almost 512 km apart. That is equal to 8 hours of driving or 45 minutes of flying. But I don't know how many weeks it will take if we decide to walk instead. Being this far from each other, and thanks to the heavily packed schedules that both of us have to attend to, we only get to meet every three to four months. We had foreseen this back then. We had talked about this even before he commenced his quest to win my heart. He once asked me, 'what if you're asked to teach in your hometown? Would we still be able to meet each other?' and I replied, 'We can meet during the school holidays.' So, as you could have guessed, that is how things work for us now. So, really, no complaints!

Don't hide it. I could read what lingers at the back of your mind now. I know you'll be asking, 'So, if you're so used with the distance, why would you be bothered when he is deputed to work abroad?'

The answers are:
- Timezone.
- Unstable connection.
- Extra working hours.

So, yes, I am not complaining. But sometimes I wish he can spend a wee bit more of his time at home. He gets to rest and I get to call him any time of the day. Most importantly, I don't have to worry about his well being. Halal food is being served in almost every corner of Malaysia. See, it's a win-win situation.

Distance makes the hearts grow fonder

But since I am so damn madly in love with him, I choose to just live with this. Distance is nothing but another 8-letter word. No kidding! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment