Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Surprise! Surprise!

You know how the saying goes, 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'?

But the kind of apple that I'm having right now is drawing me even closer to the medic team.

Yes, I'm talking about my soon-to-be apple of my eyes.
My little baby!

So, yes, there is a bun in the oven - I am pregnant!!!
It's been couples of weeks now. In fact, I just passed through the threshold of the second trimester and it feels so damn good.

I lost my appetite during the first trimester. I mean, it totally deflated. I had no desire to eat. I hated seeing food. I couldn't stand the smell of it, especially the fried ones. I felt nauseous. I threw up every now and then but luckily for me, it didn't evolve to become my daily habits. Phewww.. I hated my own perfume, my husband's perfume and for the first few weeks, the smell of my husband somehow irked me. Fortunately, I managed to put that under control. Weeee~

And oh yes, I hated and still hate KFC and McDonald's. I don't know why but I hate them so much to the extent that I can't stand looking at their signboards. Which is good for both me and little baby as I read somewhere saying that fast food can actually cause jaundice among newborns. It wasn't from a medical research so I don't know how true the fact is but prevention is better than cure, ain't it?

Being pregnant is one of the most amazing things that ever happened to me. Truth be told, the little baby does come as a surprise. A very pleasant surprise, indeed. Husband has been dying to have his own kids. He even told me that before he courted me! I, on the other hand, always told my husband (my boyfriend/fiance of that time) that I wanted to keep things slow. I would rather spend the first year of our marriage together seeing that we rarely had a chance to date back then. But Almighty has a different plan for us. And despite my earlier plan, I am very grateful to see the result of my UPT. Husband, of course, is so thrilled. Once, he accompanied me to see my gynecologist. He was amazed to see the ultrasound image of the little baby. It has taken its shape and couldn't stop kicking around. Husband walked out of the examination room with a wide grin plastered on his face. And as for me, there is no word to describe how happy I was to see him walking on cloud nine like that.

Thank you Allah for this little surprise that brings so much joy to our family.

May everything cruise smoothly.

Aameen. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment