Tuesday, July 17, 2012

can I borrow your wife?

So I was assigned to teach a new class after they re-assembled my schedule. Meeting the students for the first time, I have decided to measure their level of proficiency. This is a standard procedure for me as I need to know how well they can understand me. I wouldn't want to bore them to death and go all syok sendiri

I asked them to tell me what do they know about English and they responded that they don't know much. I then aked them to give me complete English sentences that they know. Being in the E class, their answers were a bit above the par as I have taught another E class before and they could hardly speak English.

As I was about to wrap the activity, one boy stood up to give me his complete English sentence. Out loud, he blurted, "Can I borrow your wife?"

I pretend as though I didn't hear that. 

Hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment