Thursday, March 22, 2012

The (Crooking) Cooking Project - Preface

I admit that my repertoire in cooking (and baking) is quite limited. But I am looking forward to expand the list as the weekends approach. I have been excited about cooking and baking these past few weeks that even my dad noticed it. My very first victory which later led to more and more attempts of cooking and baking was my (now) famous red velvet cake.

Yea, I know. It didn't look promising, ain't it? Even my boyfriend didn't comment much as I sent this picture to him (That is his way of disagreeing). But to my great surprise, everyone who ate it (my dad, mom and sisters) thought that it was brilliant. In the beginning, I refused to accept their compliments believing that they were just saying to keep my morale from going down to the bottom. But after tasting it, I had to concur with them. It DID taste heaven! Aite, I was exaggerating. It was surprisingly way much better than I thought it would turn out to be.

Actually, the plan to bake the cake was made several months earlier. However, seeing that I am an established procrastinator, I had to put this project on hold for several times. But after receiving a vast numbers of complaints that my ears could no longer take it, I decided to finally execute this plan. I had to re-shop for some of the ingredients as they were either had been consumed by the fridge or had expired. With the help of my little sister, I finally managed to cross this off of my to-do list.

Triumph is sweet. My success in conquering my laziness and counter-attacking it with a magnificent end product didn't stop there. I keep on trying my luck with different recipes. To date, I had managed to bake my very own pavlova, blueberry muffins and several red velvets. Not much, I know but I am very happy with the progress. I wasn't much of a cooker back then but now I am improving myself. Yay for me!

More cooking/baking projects coming up real soon. I am thinking about making the chocolate layer cake but my boyfriend demanded me to experiment on making my own ice cream. I can't quite decide what would be my project for this weekends, but I'm sure that it would be great.

Until then, here are something for your eyes. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment